Concorde Career College provides students access to its computer network and Internet access for purposes directly related to education. Concorde reserves the right to monitor all usage of its computers and computer systems. This includes the monitoring of email and website access. The following practices are prohibited:
- Installing or executing unauthorized software. Using computers to copy copyrighted or licensed software.
- Using the network for commercial purposes. Users may not buy or sell products or services through the system without prior consent of the corporate network administrator.
- Using the network for advertising or political lobbying.
- Accessing websites, newsgroups, or chat areas that contain material that is sexually related, obscene, or that promotes illegal acts. If a user accidentally accesses this type of information, he or she should immediately notify an instructor, the Learning Resource Center Coordinator, and/or network administrator.
- Using the network for any activity or to transmit any material that violates federal, state, or local laws. This includes, but is not limited to, illegal activities, such as threatening the safety of another person or peer-to-peer file sharing of copyrighted materials.
- Using vulgar, derogatory, or obscene language. Users may not engage in personal attacks, harass another person, or post private information about another person.
- Logging on to another person’s account or attempting to access another user’s files, with or without that person’s permission.
- “Hacking” or otherwise trying to gain access to another person’s or organization’s computer system.
- Engaging in “spamming” (sending an email to more than 10 people at the same time) or participation in chain letters.
- Intentionally damaging any computer hardware or software.
Computer and network resources are of significant value, and their abuse can have a negative effect on other users. Noncompliance with this policy may result in loss of computer and network privileges, suspension, and/or withdrawal from school.